Tuesday, May 19, 2009

One Day And A Wakeup

We are winding down. This afternoon we practice for graduation and then tomorrow it all happens.

Last week went pretty fast, but we still did a lot. We learned about Coaching and Counseling and we made our four Air Force classmates Honorary Chiefs. We had a VTC with the Vice Commandant of the Coast Guard and ran a 5K in preparation for an upcoming 10K. We performed our second presentation and learned about Diversity. On Thursday EPM-2 came and talked to us. Myself, the VP and the CPO who introduced him got to eat lunch with the CDR. Friday had us up in the woods doing the high ropes. It was a total blast.

On Saturday 14 of us went on a little short bus trip to the Sonoma wine country. It was interesting and we had a good time. Saturday evening we had our class social and there was plenty of food and drink and we all had fun.

So as we started our last week, we had our last presentation and then ran the 10K. You had a choice to run another 5K or the whole 10 and of course I had to do the whole thing. I finished in 56:44 which beat my goal of 60 minutes. It felt good and we all cheered the others as they made it to the finish.

Today we had our CLEP test. I'm not sure how I did. It was hard to do a lot of studying, but I tried. We will see in a couple weeks.

We have set up the classrooms for the next class and soon it will be time for graduation practice.

My speech is written, and I think it is ok. Hopefully I will be able to deliver it properly.

Here we go...

No comments: