Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Desert

It was 50 some degrees and there was rain in the air when I boarded the Southwest jet bound for the land of Cody Lundin. I was headed to Phoenix Arizona and a work conference on communications.

I landed in 88 degree sunshine and into a landscape I am not too used to. I headed up to my hotel and settled in.

I called an old friend who lives in the area and went over for an evening of steak, salad, tater tots and beer. There was also lots of catching up and reminiscing. They have a beautiful house in a wonderful neighborhood. It was a good time seeing their grown and growing children and seeing that they were still doing good.

Today is supposed to be 90, but I should be indoors most of the day and doing the job I came here to do.

Time for breakfast.

No comments: