Sunday, April 10, 2011

Hobo Fishing Kit and Early Wild Edibles

Yesterday I finished up the Hobo Fishing Kit I have been wanting to make for a while. It came out pretty good. Right now the contents are in little plastic bags, but I hope to find small bottle like containers to put the hooks, sinkers, leaders and other assorted items in.


Also, yesterday, as Ginger and I were on our second walk into the woods when I came across some wood-sorrel. I snacked a little on some and Ginger even thought about trying some. I don't think she liked it too much.

So this morning, I brought along the camera and took a few pictures of my findings.

Here is a River Birch tree that I planted in my front yard. The best darn tinder you can use. Mixed with the Broom Sedge makes for an awesome tinder bundle that works great.
On the walk I found some wild chives, dandelion and wood sorrel. Spring has sprung.
















No comments: