Sunday, April 17, 2011

Schramm's Woods Overnight - Recap

The overnight went very well. Pretty much as planned. After packing and repacking my pack I had all I needed and was ready to go. Around 1900, I headed out and walked into the woods. As I got to the PS I saw a group of people down slope towards the Green Haven houses, but they were heading out by then.

I got my shelter up and set out my sleeping bag. The sun was due to go down at 1945, so around about 15 minutes before that, I got the fire going. I made some noodles for supper and settled in to enjoy the woods in the evening hours. I had brought a six pack and started working my way through it.

The evening was pleasant and I worked on making another frog gig using a length of pine and some hanger parts. At around 2200 I hit the sack and slept as best I could through the night. Of course it is still sleeping on the ground. The sleeping pad is pretty thin and not very good and I had pillow issues as usual. This time I put my rain gear in a dry bag and sealed it up. I was hoping the air would stay int there and help make the pillow soft, but it seemed to lose its air after a while.

I awoke around 0600 got the fire going made some oatmeal and broke camp. I had a bit of a headache from the beers, but other then that it was a good night out.

No comments: