Thursday, November 17, 2011

As The Season Turns

Next week is Thanksgiving. Autumn is certainly here. The temperature is dipping lower each night and there have been some frosts. PA and Western MD already had a large snow storm a couple weeks ago. The trees are just about bare of their leaves in our yard and the woods are following suit. Time marches on...

The weather is right to again make my little fires in Shramm's woods. During our walks, Ginger and I linger at the camp site for a while while I pitter around with the shelter and make a fire. The red grass in the field is just about ready to be the perfect tinder. If I don't use that, I use my home made inferno pads.

The kids have been in the woods again. Riding their quad or "grooming" the trails for their bikes. Kids can be so distructive some times even as they are creating things. I haven't seen any freshly cut live trees lately, but they still like to dig deep holes to gather their dirt to make a ramp or two. Their latest project was to build a ramp over a large dead tree that fell across the trail during a late summer storm. That one is ok, but there was still a hole. I have started throwing logs and sticks into it to fill it up some.

Saturday I head to PA to help out with my Mom and Dad. She is still not right. Currently in a nursing home to rehab from her surgery, but I think those places just kill people. We need to bring her home...

No comments: