Sunday, May 27, 2012

Appalachian Trail Hike - Snickers Gap to Harpers Ferry

Last Wednesday, my daughter Shauni, her boy friend Alex and I packed up our backpacks and headed towards the Appalachian Trail and spent three days hiking 20 miles from Snickers Gap to Harpers Ferry.

There were a few challenges, but we were able to get the hike done.  I love being out there.  It calls to me continuously.  Every time I enter a piece of woods, I look for a white blaze and want to strike out and keep going.

You can read the details at: http://www.trailjournals.com/jefe

I plan to get back to the trail as often as I can and add to my miles.  Some trips may be on parts of the trail that I have been to before, but that is the beauty of the trail.  You hike it where you want to.  There are some places that I am growing to like, but I plan to explore many different parts of the trail before I am done hiking.

Keep on Hiking...

Jefe

No comments: