Wednesday, September 19, 2012

TAD Trip

Last Monday  I headed to the airport very early to catch a flight to Oakland, CA.  I had a short layover in Phoenix an arrived in Oakland around noon.  I picked up my car and checked into the Hampton Inn near the bay.  I had a good workout, bought some groceries and a pizza for dinner.

When my workmate arrived I took him out to shop and then I just hit the hay early.

I always stay on east coast time when I come out here.  That usually means crashing out around 8 pm and waking up around 3 am or so.

That was the case on Tuesday morning, but today I slept in to 4 am.

Yesterday's visit to a leadership meeting was good.  We had a large showing, but there wasn't a lot of questions from the junior techs.

After the day was done, we retired to the Chief's Hut, which I have never been to and had a few.

We finally got back to the Hotel when my mind was telling me it was after 9 pm.  I ate some pita chips and cheese and crackers for dinner and my lights were out shortly after that.

I had a sore throat on Monday morning when I woke up and have been sneezing and blowing my nose a lot all week.  This won't hinder my AT trip, which grows closer every hour.

Yesterday I called the 4H Club which has a place near the trail right off 522 and we will be leaving our car there instead of on the road lot.  Last April some cars were busted into in that lot and the 4H offers a somewhat safer place to leave our car.  I just have to fill out a form to let them know when I plan on returning and leave it with them when we arrive.

The excitement grows.  Time to go check the weather for next week...

No comments: