Friday, November 16, 2012

30 Things

I was looking through my work laptop yesterday as I get ready to clean it up for my relief and I found this document that I must have written quite some time ago.  Time to share it with... well, since no one reads this, I'm just sharing it with the Interwebs.  Enjoy.



  1. I secretly hope for something to happen so I can use my self-reliant/survival skills.
  2. I think the best survival tool you have is the one that you have had your whole life and it resides in your cranium. 
  3. I like making fires
  4. I like smelling like smoke.  (Campfire smoke, not cigarette smoke).
  5. I have learned from adventure racing that a person can do a lot more then they think they can.
  6. There is nothing better than a sharp knife.
  7. I am an early morning person.
  8. I really like the moon.
  9. The more you know the less you need.
  10. Two is one and one means you may need to improvise.
  11. The best tasting beer from your batch of home brew is the last one of the batch.
  12. I love four seasons. 
  13. My wife is my best friend.
  14. I don’t like watercraft with engines.  Human powered all the way.
  15. Mountain biking takes a sense of gravity and a faith that it will take you the right way.
  16. Falling off a mountain bike due to gravity hurts.
  17. I find peace in the sound of running water.
  18. I love the smell of new fallen leaves
  19. I was a major slacker in high school. 
  20. I have learned since high school that it takes work to advance in life.
  21. I hate all Geico commercials.
  22. I know how to make fire with a bow drill.
  23. My superpower is cooking by instinct.
  24. I would love to move to the country and live simply.
  25. My favorite sport (to play) is Wallyball.
  26. My favorite sport (to watch) is Steeler Football.
  27. I hate when Facebook statuses try to command or guilt you into re-posting their post.  Be creative and original please.
  28. I haven’t lived in Pennsylvania for over 27 years, but I’m still “from” Pittsburgh and it will always be “home”.
  29. I just realized that each of the people in my family have been born in a different season.  Me – Fall, Lisa – Spring, Shauni – Winter, Brandi – Summer.  Cool!
  30. I don’t believe in religion.  The Divine is in all of us…


No comments: