Saturday, January 5, 2013

Review: Dual Survival 3

I think I'll just make a few comments on my impressions from the season premier for the latest edition of Dual Survival.

First of all, new guy Joe seems good.  He has skills and his experience will help him face the "challenges" of the show's scenarios.

I used quotes because we all know that most, if not all of the show is contrived and dreamed up by the producers.  I watch it for entertainment value.  I may pick up a nugget or two of something useful, but for the most part, I think I can use it as a drinking game if the mood strikes me.

I think the show will do fine without DC, but it is still bush hippie vs military dude.  I think before too long I will be as sick of seeing Joe's "commando" pictures as I was of the mention of Cody going barefoot for the last 20 years.  FYI, there are whole villages of people throughout the world that spend THERE WHOLE LIVES barefoot.  Not such a big deal really. 

Some of their arguments grate on my nerves, but I just take a drink and move on.

I am also a little sick of the drama they try to inject into the scenario.  Once again any time you hear "game over" or "no brainer" take a drink.

So, I will watch, but as with just about everything on Discover now days, it must be taken with a grain of salt and not as a guide on how to survive every scenario.

Game over...  Drink...

No comments: