Friday, February 1, 2013

Why do you want to thru hike the AT?



 “I feel like I’m meant to . . . I mean, I feel like I was made to . . . I guess what I’m trying to say is that I think I’m supposed to hike the AT.”  “What does that mean?” asked Warren. “Well, when I think about doing anything else it just feels wrong. The thought of not doing the trail fills me with regret to the point that it almost hurts inside. The idea of thru-hiking the Appalachian Trail came to me three years ago, and since it entered my mind, not a day goes by when I don’t think about the trail. It’s not like I chose to hike the trail, but more like it chose me.” “Ah, yes,” said Warren, looking surprisingly pleased. “So the trail is a calling?” “Yeah . . . a calling.”


Davis, Jennifer Pharr (2010-11-15). Becoming Odyssa (pp. 10-11). Midpoint Trade Books. Kindle Edition.

When I first read these words...  I knew I had found my reason...

I think I'm supposed to hike the AT...

Not a day goes by when I don't think about the trail...

It's not like I chose to hike the trial, but more like it chose me...

No comments: