Sunday, April 27, 2014

Day Three

1.  Date: 4/25/14
2.  Day 3
3.  Morning temp: 50s
4.  Weather: clear, nice5.  Time start: 0645
6. Time stop and miles: 1220 11.3
7.  End point: Rt 325
8.  Events: backtrack, deer's ass
Log: Up at 0545. Out the shelter after a warm bfast. Thru who came in after 7 last night wasn't stirring. Day felt good and so did I. Didn't see any sign of rain yet. Hike back along ridge seemed fast. I was back at the parking lot just after noon. Saw Big Rags again and talked more about the golden ratio. Headed to Carlisle and then Sheets, then back to the Museum. The rain started as I was taking a shower at the camp. No new miles today, but it was a good hike.


Day one and two were written out on the trail and uploaded when I had wi-fi back at the Museum.  Today's entry is being loaded from text I wrote at the end of the hike.  Here are some more pictures from the hike.  


Day 1 - working on my register signature
Day 1 - A real pink blaze...
Day 2 sunrise

Day 2 - a cool rock split "View of the Day"

Day 2 - a rock in the crock

Day 2 - Rausch Gap Shelter

Day 2 - Last hike for this shoe
Day 3 sunrise




No comments: