Tuesday, April 4, 2017

All the Ways we Share our Journey


This is most likely redundant if you have been following us on Social Media, but if you just stumbled on it and want to follow along on our Journey, here is where our presence will be known.
We are going to try and share our Journey as best as we can. I have several sites where I will possibly be posting our progress and my thoughts as we move up the Trail. I know that it is hard to walk all day, do your camp chores, then find time to write and post and signal can be sporadic at certain places, but if I am posting, then these are the possible places I will be posting.
1. Here (Our Blog: The Adventures of EarthTone and LoGear). I started this Blog about seven years ago and have more or less added to it as things happened in my life and I had the desire to write about them. If you dig down into it, you will see its theme change from time to time. Evolving into what it is now. This is my personal blog. I invite you in to check it out. Eventually this will contain a complete rendition of the hike. I will probably update this more on a weekly schedule if I can.
2. Our Facebook Like Page - Adventures of EarthTone and LoGear: https://www.facebook.com/EarthToneLoGear/ This will probably be my go-to, as near as daily as possible, easy place to post. If you use Facebook and Like this page, you will see my updates in your feed.
3. My personal Facebook Page. If you are my friend (or following), then you will see it, but the above Like page will be our main depository of updates. https://www.facebook.com/johar923
4. Trailjournals website: http://www.trailjournals.com/pamola... I hope to keep this up-to-date with a nice mileage accumulation and maybe a picture or two, but it is a unwieldy to use with a phone out on the trail, so updates may come late and in chunks. Eventually, it will be updated with all the data as a record of the hike. My other hikes are all documented here.
5. Instagram: earthtone923 - From time to time I might post a photo. Not my go to app, but who knows.
6. SnapChat: earthtone923 - I followed a few hikers on this for the 2016 season. It is kinda cool, but can get annoying at times. I might do a few short videos from time to time when I get the inkling
7. YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/johar9... I don't plan on posting many videos, but you never know. I don't plan on being a filmmaker out there, so anything I post will probably be pretty raw and in need of editing.
8. The Trek (formerly Appalachian Trials): https://thetrek.co/author/joseph-ha... I joined up to write a blog entry from time to time. When I have a decent topic and have the time and inclination to write something, I'll post an article.
Follow if you like.  I hope I can keep at least one or two going as we head North.  

Peace,
EarthTone and LoGear

No comments: